When you think about the tropical island of Jamaica, you may also think about its white sandy beaches, turquoise ocean and exotic foods. But others may also see it for its exciting tourist attractions and exotic women. Case and point, Nerissa Irving aka “ Imperial Goddess!” With her beautiful caramel skin and gorgeous cascading locs, this model/ writer/actress expresses natural beauty at its best! So for all our natural viewers who rock locs … we got you! We love and appreciate all our natural divas!!!
1. Where do you reside? Miami, Florida…I’m a model/ actress/ writer
2. What were your family’s reaction to you going natural? My whole family has natural hair (locs). Hair that isn’t natural is abnormal to us lol.
3. What is one hair product that you cannot do without? I must have my Island oil or olive oil.
4. Do you have any hair wisdom you’d like to share with other natural beauties? Be yourself. Don’t be afraid to be different.
5.What is your hair regimen? Hmmm. My hair regimen is laziness lol. I wash it, oil it, and leave it. I’m very tender headed.
6. What made you decide to go natural? My mother started my hair. I grew up in a Rastafarian home. My hair represents my life and my roots.
7. Who do you look up to for hair inspiration if anyone? My mother is my inspiration : )!
You can see more of Nerissa by visiting her site at http://nerissairving.com/